Have you been following along with the 8-week STRONGER Challenge? If you have, you're almost done with your first week — congrats! To help you keep your eyes on the prize, here's a one-minute motivation message from STRONGER trainer Nicky Holender.
Now is a great time to take a pause and ask yourself why you're doing this. What's your goal? Is it to lose weight? Feel healthier and more energized? Build strength and lean muscle? Be able to keep up with your league soccer team?
Whatever your goal is, make it S.M.A.R.T. That means having a goal that's Specific (set a number or parameters), Measurable (track your progress), Achievable (make sure they're realistic), Relevant (do they impact your life?) and Timely (give yourself a deadline).
If your goals is to fitness, nutrition or weight loss based, let LIVESTRONG.COM help you track your progress toward your goal. You can track your daily food intake on MyPlate, do your daily workouts on STRONGER and track other goals like weight loss and water intake through your LIVESTRONG.COM dashboard.
And make sure you join our LIVESTRONG.COM Challenge Facebook Group to get tips, encouragement and motivation!
How to Sign Up for the STRONGER Challenge
1. Download the MyPlate app for iOS or and create your account. If you're on Android or don't have a smartphone, you can also use the desktop version. Make sure you set July 9 as your start date so you can be on the same page as the rest of the LIVESTRONG.COM community!
2. On your start date (we're launching our next challenge July 9th), you'll be able to log into your account and click on “Meal Plan” in the bottom navigation bar of the app. There, you'll have access to each day's meals as well as each week's shopping list.
3. For each meal and snack, track your calories by clicking the check mark next to each food or recipe. If you need to deviate from the meal plan, you can also enter foods manually from the “Track” tab on the bottom navigation. Just search for your food and click the “I Ate This” button. Also be sure to track your water intake from the “Track” tab.
4. Print out the STRONGER Challenge workout calendar and and follow along with each day's free workout video.
5. Track the STRONGER workouts in MyPlate. On the app's main page, click Exercise then search STRONGER. All of the workouts will be listed below. Select the one you performed that day.
6. Join our LIVESTRONG.COM Challenge Facebook Group to get daily tips, encouragement and motivation! You can also join the conversation in our community boards in the app ("Community" on the bottom navigation) and on desktop.
7. Do the workouts with us, cross them off the calendar and post about it in the Facebook group. We're cheering for you!
Readers — Are you joining us for the 8-week STRONGER Challenge? What do you think of the STRONGER workouts? Have you taken a look at the meal plan yet? Are you having any trouble accessing and using either of them? Have you ever done a fitness challenge group before? How did it go for you? Have you joined our LIVESTRONG.COM Challenge Group on Facebook? Leave a comment below and let us know!