Petco Park, Home of the San Diego Padres
Petco Park, San Diego County Upcoming 14-Day Weather Report (10/20/2022 to 11/04/2022)
Planning for a visit to Petco Park? Don't let unexpected weather ruin your fun. Here's the weather report for the next two weeks in San Diego County, California.
For today's weather verdict, wind is expected to travel at the speed of 4.23 MPH. There will be broken clouds. Humidity level is 33. During the day, the temperature will feel like 81, and feel like 74 at night. Looking forward to catch the beautiful sunset before the game? Don't miss it at 6:10 PM today.
What team plays at Petco Park?
The San Diego Padres play at Petco Park.
When Did Petco Park Open?
Petco Park opened in 2004.
Who owns Petco Park?
The City of San Diego owns 70% of the stadium and the San Diego Padres own 30%.
Where is Petco Park located?
The stadium is located at 19 Tony Gwynn Drive, San Diego, California, USA.
What Times Do the Gates Open?
All gates open 90 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of the game.
What are the Petco Park dimensions?
Left field Line – 334 feet (102 m)
Left field – 357 feet (109 m)
Left field alley – 390 feet (119 m)
Center field – 396 feet (121 m)
Right field alley – 391 feet (119 m)
Right field – 382 feet (116 m)
Right field line – 322 feet (98 m)
What is the Petco Park seating capacity?
According to the MLB, Petco Park seating capacity is 40,209.
Average attendance in 2021 was 27,061. On average, the stadium was 67% filled each game.
Last season, 44,144 fans were at the most attended game against the Colorado Rockies on Sunday July 31st. 10,350 fans were at the least attended game against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday April 1st.
Petco Park Seating Map
MLB provides a Petco Park Seating Map.
What are the Amenities at Petco Park?
The Park at the Park, a grassy slope above the outfield fence, is open during games, allowing fans to sit and watch games for $10. When no games are being played, the Park at the Park serves as a free local park for area residents.
What can you bring into Petco Park?
The following things are prohibited at Petco Park:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Amplified Music, Bullhorns or Loudspeakers (except as approved by the Padres)
- Animals (except ADA Recognized Service Animals)
- Backpacks or bags with the exception of single compartment bags measuring 7” x 10” or smaller, infant and medical bags.
- Ball Retrievers (except baseball mitts)
- Balls of any type (except autographed baseballs)
- Balloons (except as approved by Padres for special events)
- Banners or Signs larger than 4 feet by 8 feet, may not be commercial, political or obscene (May not block guest views or any ballpark signage)
- Bats, Full Sized Brooms, Sticks, Rods (except small souvenir bats)
- Bicycles (may be parked at approved bike parking at gates)
- Bubble-making Devices
- Drones, Remote Controlled Unmanned Aerial Vehicles or other motorized vehicles/devices
- Drugs or other illegal substances/paraphernalia (including Medical Marijuana)
- Fireworks or Other Incendiary Devices
- Frisbees, Footballs or other throw able Sports Devices
- Glass Containers of any type
- Hard Sided Coolers
- Hover boards
- Inflatables (unless approved by the Padres)
- Knives of any type
- Lawn Chairs or Rigid Framed Seating Devices (Except ADA or as approved by the Padres)
- Laser Pointers
- Microphones (for non-credentialed media)
- Noise-Making Devices (unless approved by the Padres)
- Obscene or offensive clothing likely to provoke an aggressive response from others
- Selfie Sticks
- Skateboards, Scooters, Razors
- Smokeless/Chewing Tobacco & Vaporizers
- Tents (unless approved by the Padres)
- Umbrellas - large umbrellas that block sightlines or signage. Small, collapsible umbrellas are allowed. Padres reserve the right to ask guests to lower their umbrellas for the enjoyment of all guests in attendance.
- Wagons - only wagons that can be pushed (rather than pulled) and that have safety child restraints are allowed
- Wallet Chains
- Weapons of Any Other Type (Tasers, Nunchaku, Pepper Spray, Mace, Expandable Batons, etc.)
Can you bring a Stroller into Petco Park?
Strollers are welcome as long as they don't block any aisle ways. Items with wheels can be self-parked at the Guest Services Centers located on the Field Level (Main Concourse), at Section 108 or Section 131.
Can I Bring a Bag into Petco Park?
Petco Park prohibits bags with the exception for single compartment bags measuring 7” x 10” or smaller, infant and medical bags.
Can you bring food into Petco Park?
Outside food is allowed with the following regulations:
- All food items should be wrapped, bagged, or left inside a container to avoid spillage.
- Food that might be thrown as a projectile must be sliced or sectioned (i.e., oranges, apples, and other fruits).
- Food containers must be soft-sided and comply with Petco Park bag policies.
Guests are allowed to bring one factory-sealed plastic bottled water that is still, clear, and unflavored and that is one (1) liter (32 ounces) or less, and soft-sided single juice or milk containers or ADA required liquids in a sealed container.
Can you tailgate at Petco Park?
Tailgating is permitted in the Tailgate Lot at Petco Park.
How much is Petco Park parking?
You can expect to pay between $10-40.
Does Petco Park require vaccine?
Negative COVID-19 test or vaccination is not required.
Can you pay with cash at Petco Park?
Padres Pay is the preferred method of payment at Petco Park, but credit cards are still be accepted. Cash is no longer be accepted.
Best options for food at Petco Park
These are some of the best options you should try:
- Cucina Stella - Neapolitan-style pizza and sandwiches
- Uni Sushi - sushi rolls
- Holy Paleta - Mexican popsicles
- Board and Brew - sandwiches
Price of beer at Petco Park
You can expect to pay between $13-15.50.
Restaurants near Petco Park
Some of the most popular restaurants near Petco Park are:
- Corner Chicken East Village
- Half Door Brewing Co.
- Monzu Fresh Pasta
Hotels near Petco Park
- Pendry San Diego
- Omni San Diego Hotel
- Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Gaslamp/Convention Center
This article was written by the CareerTrend team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information. To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about CareerTrend, contact us [here](http://careertrend.com/about-us).