18 July, 2017
Do People Wear Socks With Peep Toe Booties?
Peep-toe booties are fun and fashionable, but figuring out how to style them can be tough. Because you're wearing a form of boots, it can be tempting to wear them in the winter, even if they do expose a bit of your foot. Wearing socks inside your booties can make them much more comfy, but keeping this look stylish may not be as simple.
Socks and Booties
You may have spotted stylish women wearing socks and booties -- usually, a closed-toe bootie, with socks peeping out over the top. This look is generally accepted in the fashion community as being totally on trend.
This is where it gets a little tricky. Some people believe it's possible to pull off the socks-and-open-toes look, while other don't. Socks worn with sandals are actually thought of as stylish -- as long as you wear a thinner, fitted version -- but, because you only see that tiny bit of sock peeping out of an open-toe bootie, it can be tough to make this look seem intentional.
Pulling It Off
If you're going to wear the look, opt for socks that are long enough to show above the rise of your boot, so that the little bit that peeps out is obviously a sock. It's OK to scrunch up your socks a bit if they're very long. Wearing jeans will just cover the socks, so pair the look with a skirt or dress to show off your legs.
If you're a little shy about wearing socks with your peep-toes, try tights instead. Stars like singer Beyonce and supermodel Chanel Iman have rocked this look, so you won't be the first to try it out. If you're still feeling a little squeamish, try peep-toe tights. They'll keep your legs warm and cozy without covering your toes.
- The Chic Fashionista: Open Toe Shoes
- Redbook Magazine: Audrey's Outfit of the Day: Peep-Toe Booties + Wooly Socks Read more: Audrey's Outfit of the Day: Peep-Toe Booties + Wooly Socks
- Style.com: The Do’s And Don’ts Of Socks With Sandals
- InStyle: Get Star Style: 10 New Style Rules to Try
- Fashion Bomb Daily: Style Verdict: Stockings with Open Toe Shoes?
- Telegraph.co.uk: The Perfect Peep-Toe Tights
- Refinery 29: 5 Blazin' Winter Booties For Every Walk Of Life
- Frazer Harrison/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images