Specifications for a Ping i3 O-Size
Ping manufactures a wide range of products for the sport of golf, including full sets of golf clubs. The Ping i3 O-Size is a full set of golf clubs branded as "Optimal" via the "O" in "O-Size."
Ping i3 O-Size Club Types
Golf cart on golf course image by Jim Mills from Fotolia.com
The full set of clubs includes irons 1 through 9. It also includes all four traditional golf wedges: a pitching wedge, a sand wedge, a gap wedge and a lob wedge.
Club Loft Specifications
The loft degree specifications for the irons are as follows:
1 iron: 15.5 2 iron: 18 3 iron: 20.5 4 iron: 24 5 iron: 27 6 iron: 30.5 7 iron: 34.5 8 iron: 38.5 9 iron: 42.5
The loft degree specifications for the wedges are as follows:
Pitching Wedge: 47 Sand Wedge: 52 Gap Wedge: 56 Lob Wedge: 60
Club Length Specifications
The lengths, in inches, of the irons are as follows:
1 iron: 39.75 2 iron: 39.25 3 iron: 38.75 4 iron: 38.25 5 iron: 37.75 6 iron: 37.25 7 iron: 36.75 8 iron: 36.25 9 iron: 35.75
The lengths, in inches, of the wedges are as follows:
Pitching Wedge: 35.5 Sand Wedge: 35.25 Gap Wedge: 35.25 Lob Wedge: 35
The Ping i3 series come with steel or graphite shafts, depending on the player's preference. The steel shafts have the PING Cushin Selective Filtering Insert. The graphite shafts come from the 350 series and are available in five different flexes.
The i3 grips come in six different sizes, depending on the hand size of the player. They have a soft feel and dimpled surface for maximum grip.
- Abbaspour N, Hurrell R, Kelishadi R. Review on iron and its importance for human health. J Res Med Sci. 2014;19(2):164–174.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Iron-Deficiency Anemia.
- Vaucher P, Druais PL, Waldvogel S, Favrat B. Effect of iron supplementation on fatigue in nonanemic menstruating women with low ferritin: a randomized controlled trial. CMAJ. 2012;184(11):1247-54. doi:10.1503/cmaj.110950
- Stugiewicz M, Tkaczyszyn M, Kasztura M, Banasiak W, Ponikowski P, Jankowska EA. The influence of iron deficiency on the functioning of skeletal muscles: experimental evidence and clinical implications. Eur J Heart Fail. 2016;18(7):762-73. doi:10.1002/ejhf.467
- Cherayil BJ. The role of iron in the immune response to bacterial infection. Immunol Res. 2011;50(1):1–9. doi:10.1007/s12026-010-8199-1
- Jáuregui-lobera I. Iron deficiency and cognitive functions. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2014;10:2087-95. doi:10.2147/NDT.S72491
- Cleveland Clinic. How to Tell If You Have Iron Deficiency Anemia. Updated October 30, 2017.
- Murat S, Ali U, Serdal K, et al. Assessment of subjective sleep quality in iron deficiency anaemia. Afr Health Sci. 2015;15(2):621–627. doi:10.4314/ahs.v15i2.40
- Dosman CF, Brian JA, Drmic IE, et al. Children with autism: effect of iron supplementation on sleep and ferritin. Pediatr Neurol. 2007;36(3):152-8. doi:10.1016/j.pediatrneurol.2006.11.004
- Office of Dietary Supplements. Iron Fact Sheet for Health Professionals. Updated October 16, 2019.
Matt Fender has been a published writer since 2005. He has written for "Buzz Magazine," Smile Politely, and the217. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in English and is currently pursuing his Juris Doctor at The John Marshall Law School.