Angel Stadium, Home of the LA Angels
When Did Angel Stadium Open?
The franchise's first American League game was April 19, 1966. Angel stadium opened April 9, 1966 for an exhibition game between the California Angels and the San Francisco Giants.
What team plays at Angel Stadium?
The Los Angeles Angels play at Angel Stadium.
Who owns Angel Stadium?
Arte Moreno, City of Anaheim Convention, Sports & Entertainment Department. Robert A. M. Stern was the Architect and the Architecture firms were Populous and Walt Disney Imagineering.
What are the Angel Stadium dimensions?
- Left Field – 347 ft (105.8 m)
- Left-Center – 390 ft (118.9 m)
- Center Field – 396 ft (120.7 m)
- Right-Center – 370 ft (112.8 m)
- Right-Center (shallow) – 365 ft (111.3 m)
- Right Field – 350 ft (106.7 m)
- Backstop – 60.5 ft (18.4 m)
The surface is Tifway 419 Bermuda Grass.
What is the Angel Stadium seating capacity?
According to the MLB, Angel Stadium seating capacity is 45,050.
How many seats in Angels Stadium?
Average attendance in 2021 was 18,484. On average, the stadium was 41% filled each game.
Last season, 40,880 fans were at the most attended Los Angels Angels game against Seattle, Saturday July 16. 3,656 fans were at the least attended game against Toronto, Monday August 8.
How much are Suites at Angel Stadium?
A suite at Angel Stadium is between $1,500 - $15,000 per game. They start at about $200,000 for a season.
What are the Amenities at Angel Stadium?
Angel Stadium has a waterfall named by Walt Disney the "California Spectacular." Geysers erupt to create a waterfall effect at the artificial rock formation in left field that features an "A." A similar water feature can be found nearby at Disney California Adventure Park.
You might enjoy the Don Julio Club - an exclusive premium seating experience located on the Terrace Level behind Home Plate. Enjoy the amenities such as:
- open-air viewing,
- spacious lounge-style interior,
- liberal leg room seating,
- and unique dishes with a ballpark flare.
Or you might enjoy the Lexus Diamond Club - located on the Field Level by the Home Plate Gate, the Lexus Diamond Club is an exclusive seating area for Lexus Diamond Club ticket holders.
Angel Stadium Bag Policy
Bags are not permitted in the stadium, with the exception after proper inspection of:
- Purses or bags that are 12" x 12" with a single zipper closure/flap or smaller.
- Clear bags (plastic or vinyl) with no obscured interior pockets that do not exceed 12.75" x 6.5" x 12.75"
- Medically necessary items, including diaper bags that accompany an infant.
- No backpacks.
Can you bring a Stroller into Angel Stadium?
Strollers are allowed at Angel Stadium, so long as they can collapse and stored under your seats.
Can I Bring a Purse into angel stadium?
Yes, you can bring small purses or bags. Purses must have a single zipper closure and each side must be smaller than one foot, 12 inches.
Can you bring food into Angels Stadium?
Yes, some bring their own peanuts, M&M's and Licorice, as long as they are closed and store bought. You cannot bring cans, glass, metal or alcohol-based drinks. No sodas or juice bottles. You can bring 16 ounce bottles of water, just no colored water or open containers.
What can you bring into Angel Stadium?
You can bring food and drink items provided they meet stadium guidelines.
- Guests may bring in food that is contained in a clear, plastic bag no larger than one gallon in size.
- Food items should resemble individual portions and not bulk quantities.
- Guests may bring in a factory-sealed, clear plastic bottle of water or sports drink, no larger than one liter.
- Frozen water bottles are prohibited for safety purposes, but may be allowed on warm days at the discretion of Angels Baseball.
Where is Angel Stadium located?
- Angel Stadium
- 2000 Gene Autry Way
- Anaheim, CA 92806
- (714) 940-2000
What time do the gates open at Angel Stadium?
All gates open 90 minutes prior to the start of the scheduled first pitch.
Can you tailgate at Angel Stadium?
Yes, you may tailgate in the Big A Lot only at Angel Stadium. Parking lot typically opens 2.5 hours before the game start time.
How much is Angel Stadium parking?
$10.00 for general parking, $20.00 for preferred, oversized vehicle and bus parking. Debit and credit cards accepted.
Does Angel Stadium require vaccine?
No, the State of California recommends that all Guests be fully vaccinated or receive a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering the Stadium.
Angel Stadium Seating Map
Can you pay with cash at Angels Stadium?
No, Angel Stadium is now a cashless venue. There are reverse ATMs that convert cash into debit cards. Find reverse ATMs at:
- Advanced Ticket Windows (across from Diamond Club, Field Level)
- Section 133
- Section 237
- Section 418
Best bets for Angels Stadium Food
Lots of food options:
Try the grill cheese short ribs sandwich from the Big Cheese, Section 211.
Try the diamond club, located behind home plate, for a buffet, the food is really good. It's fresh and not over cooked.
Try the Smoked BBQ Brisket sandwich at Smoke Ring BBQ or the Legends Dog. Located outside on the 1st level between 3rd Base and Left Field.
Hotels near Angels Stadium
The three closest hotels are considered in the platinum triangle:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim South
- Aynes Hotel Anaheim
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Anaheim
Restaurants near Angel Stadium
- Melissa's Fresh for You
- Grandstand Cafe
- Karl Strauss Brewing Company
- JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery
- Roxy'z by Zov's
- Katella Family Grill
- CHIX Simply Chicken
- Draft Pick
- Muscle Maker Grill / Frescas
- Golden Road Brewing Anaheim
This article was written by the CareerTrend team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information. To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about CareerTrend, contact us [here](http://careertrend.com/about-us).