NordicTrack C2050 Specs
The NordicTrack C2050 is an older model treadmill for in-home use. It is no longer available in 2011 as a new product, although you may find used units available. This treadmill offers some advanced features such as iFit interactive technology and built-in workout programs that control the intensity settings for you.
Nuts and Bolts
Your C2050 has a 1.75 hp motor that can handle speeds up to 10 mph in 0.1 mph increments. The power ramp can incline up to 12 percent. The running area is 20 inches wide and 55 inches long. It runs on a standard 120-volt circuit and requires a grounded outlet; and has a maximum user capacity of 300 pounds. The console can display speed and distance in either miles or kilometers.
Users can employ the 10 quick-set speed buttons on the console to quickly change the speed of the belt. The walking deck is cushioned, and the treadmill folds up to a vertical position. It has wheels on the base so you can roll it to a storage area. The hand rails have metal pulse sensors so you can check your heart rate at any time during your workout. The console features a fan on each side to help keep you cool.
Program Your Workout
Each of the eight built-in workout programs is divided into 20, 30 or 40 one-minute segments. The C2050 automatically changes the speed and incline at the beginning of each period and you can create and save two custom workouts on the treadmill. You can also choose the length of the workout and select an incline and speed setting for each one-minute segment. The treadmill saves the program in memory so you can select it for a future workout.
IFit interactive technology allows you to connect the NordicTrack C2050 treadmill to your computer or stereo with the included audio cables. You can purchase iFit CD's or download workouts from the iFit website. With your treadmill connected to your stereo or computer, the treadmill automatically adjusts the speed and incline for you while a virtual personal trainer guides you through the workout, offering motivation and instruction. The iFit workouts include background music to infuse your workout with a high energy atmosphere.
- Icon Health and Fitness: Manuals: NordicTrack C2050 Treadmill
- Buurke TJW, Lamoth CJC, Van der Woude LHV, Den Otter R. Handrail holding during treadmill walking reduces locomotor learning in able-bodied persons. IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng. 2019;27(9):1753-1759. doi:10.1109/TNSRE.2019.2935242
- Boutcher SH. High-intensity intermittent exercise and fat loss. J Obes. 2011;2011:868305. doi:10.1155/2011/868305
- Slaght J, Sénéchal M, Hrubeniuk TJ, Mayo A, Bouchard DR. Walking cadence to exercise at moderate intensity for adults: A systematic review. J Sports Med (Hindawi Publ Corp). 2017;2017:4641203. doi:10.1155/2017/4641203
- Sperlich B, Wallmann-Sperlich B, Zinner C, Von Stauffenberg V, Losert H, Holmberg HC. Functional high-intensity circuit training improves body composition, peak oxygen uptake, strength, and alters certain dimensions of quality of life in overweight women. Front Physiol. 2017;8:172. doi:10.3389/fphys.2017.00172
Based in Austin, Texas, Jolie Johnson has been in the fitness industry for over 12 years and has been writing fitness-related articles since 2008 for various websites. She received her Bachelor of Arts in English and philosophy from the University of Illinois.