How to Reset a New Balance Sport Pedometer
A pedometer is a convenient training tool for runners, walkers or anyone else interested in tracking their physical activity. Pedometers are typically small, handheld or clip-on devices whose main function is to measure your steps. The New Balance pedometer works in the same fashion, by logging each stride you take. When you want to begin a new cycle, or if someone new wants a turn, you must reset your pedometer to start from scratch. Resetting a New Balance pedometer is simple to do.
Press down on the Mode button until you reach the screen marked "Step Count."
Stop the pedometer if it is on, then press and hold the Reset button for three seconds.
Press Start/Stop or Reset to answer "yes" when asked if you want to reset the pedometer. Answering yes will erase all previous data and set the pedometer to zero.
Press the Mode button to return to the pedometer mode. Press the reset button to switch back to the time mode.
Consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
- Tudor-locke C, Craig CL, Brown WJ, et al. How many steps/day are enough? For adults. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2011;8:79. doi:10.1186/1479-5868-8-79
- Lee IM, Shiroma EJ, Kamada M, Bassett DR, Matthews CE, Buring JE. Association of step volume and intensity with all-cause mortality in older women. JAMA Intern Med. 2019;179(8):1105-1112. doi:10.1001/jamainternmed.2019.0899
- Cai X, Qiu SH, Yin H, et al. Pedometer intervention and weight loss in overweight and obese adults with Type 2 diabetes: A meta-analysis. Diabet Med. 2016;33(8):1035-44. doi:10.1111/dme.13104
- Hasan H, Attlee A, Jan bin jan mohamed H, Aris N, Bin wan muda WAM. Counting footsteps with a pedometer to improve HMW adiponectin and metabolic syndrome among young female adults in the United Arab Emirates. J Obes. 2018;2018:1597840. doi:10.1155/2018/1597840
- Salin K, Hirvensalo M, Magnussen CG, et al. Changes in daily steps and body mass index and waist to height ratio during four year follow-up in adults: Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns Study. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14(9). doi:10.3390/ijerph14091015
- Yuenyongchaiwat K. Effects of 10,000 steps a day on physical and mental health in overweight participants in a community setting: A preliminary study. Braz J Phys Ther. 2016;20(4):367-73. doi:10.1590/bjpt-rbf.2014.0160
- Consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
Joshua McCarron has been writing both online and offline since 1995. He has been employed as a copywriter since 2005 and in that position has written numerous blogs, online articles, websites, sales letters and news releases. McCarron graduated from York University in Toronto with a bachelor's degree in English.