PNC Park, Home of the Pittsburgh Pirates
When did PNC Park open?
PNC Park opened in 2001 after two years of construction.
What team plays at PNC Park?
The Pittsburgh Pirates play at PNC Park as a member of Major League Baseball.
Who owns PNC Park?
PNC Park is owned by the Sports & Exhibition Authority of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County, a municipal authority that owns and operates sports and entertainment venues in Allegheny County, PA.
What are the PNC Park dimensions?
- Left Field: 325 feet (99m)
- Left-Center: 383 feet (117m)
- Deep Left-Center: 410 feet (125m)
- Center Field: 399 feet (122m)
- Right-Center: 375 feet (114m)
- Right Field: 320 feet (98m)
- Backstop: 51 feet (16m)
What is the PNC Park seating capacity?
PNC Park's seating capacity is 38,747.
How many people attend PNC Park?
2021 Season Attendance Statistics
- Average Attendance: 10,611 (27%)
- Highest Attendance: 32,071 vs PHI on July 31st
- Lowest Attendance: 4,023 vs SDP on April 15th
What are the amenities at PNC Park?
- 69 suites with their own concourse level
- Club level seating at both the field and mezzanine levels with their own lounges
- Outfield barbecue run by Manny Sanguillen
- Outdoor terrace and river walk
What is PNC Park's bag policy?
PNC Park follows a strict "No-Bag" policy for guests entering the park, with exceptions made for medical/ADA reasons, bags designated as diaper bags, and small clutch purses that do not exceed 8" x 5" x 1".
Where is PNC Park located?
PNC Park is located at 115 Federal St, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
What time do the gates open at PNC Park?
For games beginning at 6:35PM, gates will open one hour before first pitch; for all other start times, gates will open one and one-half hours before first pitch.
Can you tailgate at PNC Park?
Tailgating is permitted in the PNC Park parking lots.
Can you pay with cash at PNC Park?
PNC Park is a completely cashless ballpark.
What are the most popular foods at PNC Park?
Aside from the traditional ball park hot dogs, French fries, and pretzels, PNC Park offers a variety of Pittsburgh favorites:
- Primanti Brothers serves a wide variety of local deli sandwiches out of section 110
- Manny's BBQ is run by Pirates catcher Manny Sanguillen himself, and features a mouth-watering BBQ and coleslaw
- Federal Street Grille Stand has favorites like chicken sandwiches, loaded fries, nachos, tacos, and peanuts, and is located in sections 136 and 143
- Riverwalk Grill is known for its loaded nachos topped with onions, pulled pork, and a slight maple syrup glaze
- The Jim Beam Left Field Lounge offers Mediterranean flatbreads with toppings such as cheese, onions, sour cream, and chicken
- Quaker Steak & Lube is known for its mild and hot wings served behind sections 109 and 322
- Sweet Spot serves the ultimate ice cream sundae, topped with marshmallows, whipped cream, and sprinkles, and is served in a souvenir helmet in section 107
Hotels near PNC Park
- Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel: 0.3mi from PNC Park
- Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore: 0.1mi from PNC Park
- The Priory Hotel: 0.5mi from PNC Park
Restaurants near PNC Park
Southern Tier Brewing Company: this brewpub has a large menu of sandwiches, burgers, appetizers, and Southern Tier brews, and is just a 4-minute walk from PNC Park
- Southern Tier Brewing Company address: 316 N Shore Drive
Social House 7: this Japanese izakaya-style social house has several types of Asian cuisine, including noodle bowls, sandwiches, and sushi, and is only about a 10-minute walk from PNC Park.
- Social House 7 address: 123 7th Street
Meat and Potatoes: known for having one of the best brunches in Pittsburgh, this spot features items like chicken & waffles, shrimp & grits, and a famous Pub Burger, and is only a 10-minute walk from PNC Park.
- Meat and Potatoes address: 649 Penn Avenue
Pork & Beans: this new spot has become a Pittsburgh favorite with its Texas-style smoked meats, BBQ, and stiff drinks, located only a short 10-minute walk from PNC Park
- Pork & Beans address: 136 6th Street
City Works: this new restaurant has over 90 different beers on draft, and includes menu items like Sriracha burgers, duck reuben, and shrimp tacos with Asian slaw, and is only about a 12-minute walk from PNC Park.
- City Works address: 2 PPG Place