Globe Life Field, Home of the Texas Rangers
When did Globe Life Field open?
Globe Life Field hosted its first regular season game on July 24th, 2020 after around two years of construction.
What team plays at Globe Life Field?
The Texas Rangers play at Globe Life Field as a member of Major League Baseball.
Who owns Globe Life Field?
Globe Life and Accident Insurance Company owns the naming rights for Globe Life Field through 2048.
What are the Globe Life Field dimensions?
- Left Field: 329 feet (100m)
- Left Center: 372 feet (113m)
- Center Field: 407 feet (124m)
- Right Center: 374 feet (114m)
- Right Field: 326 feet (99m)
- Backstop: 42 feet (13m)
What is the Globe Life Field seating capacity?
Globe Life Field's seating capacity is 40,300.
How many people attend Globe Life Field?
2021 Season Attendance Statistics
- Average Attendance: 26,053 (65%)
- Highest Attendance: 38,238 vs TOR on April 5th
- Lowest Attendance: 14,747 vs COL on September 1st
What are the amenities at Globe Life Field?
- A 5.5-acre retractable roof prevents weather delays and saves fans from the Texas heat during the summer. The 24 million pound roof is the largest single-panel operable roof in the world, and can retract in just 12 minutes.
- Globe Life Field offers range of club and VIP experiences, as well as premium suites.
- StubHub Club guest seats are located along the first base line and offer an all-inclusive food, beverage, and upscale wine menu.
- The Kids' Zone is equipped with an interactive playground, a huge Major League bat slide, and Sony PlayStation gaming systems.
What is Globe Life Field's bag policy?
Globe Life Field follows a strict bag policy:
- All bags and purses must be soft sided
- Bags and purses may not exceed 16" x 16" x 8"
- Backpacks are prohibited
- Single-compartment drawstring bags that do not exceed the MLB bag-size requirements of 16" x 16" x 8" are permitted
- Exceptions can be made for bags that are used for medical purposes, including diaper bags
All bags are subject to search before entering the ballpark.
Where is Globe Life Field located?
Globe Life Field is located at 734 Stadium Dr., Arlington, TX 76011
What time do the gates open at Globe Life Field?
For afternoon games, all entry gates open 1.5 hours prior to first pitch. For night games, all entry gates open 2 hours prior to first pitch.
Can you tailgate at Globe Life Field?
Tailgating is permitted in the parking lots surrounding Globe Life Field.
Can you pay with cash at Globe Life Field?
Globe Life Field is a cashless venue. Reverse ATM's are available in the following locations:
- Main Concourse - Sections 113, 123, 136
- Upper Concourse - Sections 212, 227
What are the most popular foods at Globe Life Field?
Globe Life Field treats fans to a wide variety of food, featuring ballpark classics and local Texas favorites. Some popular foods at the ballpark include:
- The Alligator Corn Dog is an on-the-stick treat featuring a fried, slightly spicy alligator andouille sausage and can be found at Bullpen Grill in Section 125
- Brisket Egg Rolls are stuffed with smoked brisket and served with fries and Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce, and can be found at Go Deep Fried in Sections 121, 225, and 230
- The Boomstick is a massive, five-pound hot dog that is topped off with chili, cheese, jalapeños, and fresh onions, and can be found in Section 132
- The Chicken Fried Brisket Sandwich combines two local Texas favorites- chicken fried steak and barbecue brisket- that are stuffed between Texas toast and topped off with pickles, red onions, and Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce, found at Sweet Baby Ray's in Section 125
- French fries are a ballpark classic, but Golden Chick's Loaded Fries take things to a whole new level- topped off with bacon bits, Ricos Nacho Cheese sauce, and jalapeños, they can be found in Section 128
Hotels near Globe Life Field
The following hotels are within walking distance of Globe Life Field and have received 4 & 5 star ratings online:
- Sheraton Arlington: 0.4mi from Globe Life Park
- Live! by Loews - Arlington, TX: o.3mi from Globe Life Park
- Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Arlington: 0.9mi from Globe Life Park
Restaurants near Globe Life Field
- Twisted Root Burger Co. was named the best burger joint in Arlington, and is located about 2 miles away from Globe Life Field
- Gyros House features a wide variety of Mediterranean specialties all under $8, and is located about 2 miles away from Globe Life Field
- Damian's Cajun Soul Cafe is the go to place for home-cooked Louisiana style soul food, conveniently located about 10 minutes from Globe Life Field by car
- Dino's Subs is recognized as one of the best sandwich shops in the Arlington area, and also features salads, soups, nachos, and pasta dishes, located just over 3 miles away from Globe Life Field