Bengals vs Ravens
Former NFL MVP Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens meet Joe Burrow and the Cincinnati Bengals twice in the 2022-23 regular season.
The two matchups will be critical in the competitive AFC North division, which features the Pittsburgh Steelers and Cleveland Browns alongside the Ravens and Bengals. The Bengals won the AFC North division title in 2021-22, finishing with a record of 10-7, becoming the third different team to win the division in the last three seasons (2019-Ravens, 2020-Steelers).
The Bengals were winners of both games between the two teams last season, including a 41-21 Week 16 Bengals victory that saw Joe Burrow shatter franchise records with 525 passing yards and 4 touchdowns. Going into this season, the Ravens will be without star WR Marquise Brown, who was traded to the Arizona Cardinals on Draft Night.
- Date: Sunday, October 09, 2022
- Kickoff: 8:20PM EDT
- Location: M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD
- TV: NBC
- Date: TBD
- Kickoff: TBD
- Location: Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, OH
- TV: TBD
- Week 5: Bengals 24, Ravens 21
- Week 18: Ravens 17, Bengals 14
While the Bengals may have blown the Ravens out twice last season, expect much closer games come Week 5 and Week 18 of this year. The Week 5 Sunday Night Football contest will be the more proper indicator of how the two teams stack up against one another, as one or possibly both of the teams will have a playoff spot locked up and rest key players in the last week of the regular season.
At full strength, the Bengals simply outmatch the Ravens, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. With a strong receiving core consisting of Ja’Marr Chase, Tee Huggins, and Tyler Boyd, along with a backfield featuring Joe Mixon, there are more ways for the Bengals to attack and put points on the board consistently- not to mention the fact that Joe Burrow had career-best games against Baltimore last season.
In the absence of Marquise Brown, the tandem of Lamar Jackson, Mark Andrews, and J.K. Dobbins will manage to put points on the board, but a strong defensive front from the Bengals will be able to hold them off just enough to secure a victory for Cincinnati on the road in the early-season matchup.
The Week 18 game will more than likely be decided by the circumstances each team finds themselves in, but for now, call it a Ravens victory to split the season series in another close game.
Bengals vs Ravens History by the Numbers
- The Bengals and Ravens have played against each other a total of 52 times throughout their history
- The Ravens lead the all-time series by a score of 27-25
- Through all 52 games, the Ravens have outscored the Bengals by a score of 1,164-987
- The Ravens' longest win streak against the Bengals was 6, spanning from 1998-2000
- The Bengals' longest win streak against the Ravens was 5, spanning from 2013-2016
- The Bengals currently have a 2 game win streak against the Ravens
Bengals vs Ravens Recent Matchups
- 12/26/2021: Bengals 41, Ravens 21
- 10/24/2021: Bengals 41, Ravens 17
- 01/03/2021: Ravens 38, Bengals 3
- 10/11/2020: Ravens 27, Bengals 3
- 11/10/2019: Ravens 49, Bengals 13
- 10/13/2019: Ravens 23, Bengals 17
- 11/18/2018: Ravens 24, Bengals 21
- 09/13/2018: Bengals 34, Ravens 23
- 12/31/2017: Bengals 31, Ravens 27
- 09/10/2017: Ravens 20, Bengals 0