Cowboys vs Giants
The Dallas Cowboys will meet the New York Giants twice NFC East divisional games in the 2022-23 regular season. The 2021-22 season saw the Cowboys easily handle the Giants twice in their contests, but the Giants have since undergone a complete overhaul from the front office to its roster.
The new-look front office now features general manager Joe Schoen and head coach Brian Dabble, both of whom have come to the Giants from the Bills. Among many roster moves was the addition of Oregon LB Kayvon Thibodeaux with the No. 5 pick and Alabama OT Evan Neal with the No. 7 pick in the 2022 NFL draft, giving the front office some outstanding young pieces to build around on both sides of the ball over the next few years.
For the Cowboys, the offseason was not as rewarding. Trading WR Amari Cooper to the Browns and losing DE Randy Gregory takes away a high-impact player on both sides of the ball, and the uncertain timetable of WR Michael Gallup's ACL recovery only takes away from an already thin wide receiver position for the first few weeks of the season.
- Date: Monday, September 26, 2022
- Kickoff: 8:15PM ET
- Location: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
- TV: ESPN
- Date: Thursday, November 24, 2022
- Kickoff: 4:30PM ET
- Location: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
- TV: FOX
Week 3: Cowboys 23, Giants 10
Week 12: Cowboys 27, Giants 13
Despite a much less productive offseason, there is no denying that the Cowboys are still far more deep and talented than the Giants in 2022. The additions of young talent in various positions will keep these from being blowouts like last season, but unsurprisingly, the Cowboys will still emerge victorious one way or another. With that being said, as Schoen and Daboll get a few years under their belt with the Giants, look for these games to become much more competitive and less easily predictable.
Cowboys vs Giants History by the Numbers
- The Cowboys and the Giants have played against one another 120 times throughout their history
- The Cowboys lead the all-time series 71-47-2
- The Giants are 1-0 against the Cowboys in the playoffs
- The Cowboys lead the all-time score 2764-2319 through 120 games
- The Cowboys' longest win streak against the Eagles was 12, spanning from 1974-1980
- The Eagles' longest win streak against the Cowboys was 6, spanning from 1988-1990
Cowboys vs Giants Recent Matchups
- 12/19/2021: Cowboys 21, Giants 6
- 10/10/2021: Cowboys 44, Giants 20
- 01/03/2021: Giants 23, Cowboys 19
- 10/11/2020: Cowboys 37, Giants 34
- 11/04/2019: Cowboys 37, Giants 18