Cowboys vs Rams, Sunday Oct 9
The defending Super Bowl champion Los Angeles Rams will meet Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys in Week 5 of the 2022-23 NFL regular season.
Coming off of the Super Bowl victory, the Rams had one of the more active offseasons in the NFL. After losing Von Miller to the Bills and trading Robert Woods to the Titans, the team brought in LB Bobby Wagner and WR Allen Robinson to fill their spots. The Rams also lost offensive lineman Andrew Whitworth to retirement and extended the contracts of core players like Matthew Stafford, Aaron Donald, and Cooper Kupp in recent months.
The Cowboys’ offseason had its ups and downs, but the team goes into the regular season with more questions than answers, especially on the offensive side of the football. They failed to resign WRs Amari Cooper and Cedrick Wilson, and with Michael Gallup set to miss the start of the season with injury, it will be up to CeeDee Lamb and rookie WR Jalen Tolbert to step up and carry the Cowboys’ passing game to start the year.
On the defensive side of the ball, the Cowboys were unable to resign DE Randy Gregory but managed to bring back S Jayron Kearse on a 2-year deal after he lead the team in tackles (101) last season. With a full offseason under second-year superstar Micah Parsons’ belt, look for the Cowboy’s defense to win them some games come the regular season.
- Date: Sunday, October 9, 2022
- Kickoff: 4:25pm ET
- Location: SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, CA
- TV: FOX
Prediction: Rams 20, Cowboys 7
The Cowboys’ offense will spend much of the first few weeks of the season trying to find an identity with several weapons missing from last season’s team. Even if they manage to get into some kind of groove on that end of the ball by Week 5, the amount of individual talent on both sides of the ball, especially against the Rams’ relentless defense, leaves them simply outmatched in this contest.
Cowboys vs Rams History by the Numbers
- The Cowboys and Rams have played against each other a total of 36 times throughout their history
- Of those 36 games, 9 of them have been in the postseason
- The all-time series is currently tied at 18-18
- The Rams lead the playoff series by a score of 5-4
- Through all 36 games, the Cowboys have outscored the Rams by a combined total of 835-750
- The Cowboys' longest win streak vs the Rams was 3, from 2011-2014
- The Rams' longest win streak vs the Cowboys was two, happening multiple times throughout their history
Cowboys vs Rams Previous Matchups
- 09/13/2020: Rams 20, Cowboys 17
- 12/15/2019: Cowboys 44, Rams 21
- 01/12/2019: Rams 30, Cowboys 22
- 10/01/2017: Rams 35, Cowboys 30
- 09/21/2014: Cowboys 34, Rams 31
- 09/22/2013: Cowboys 31, Rams 7
- 10/23/2011: Cowboys 34, Rams 7
- 10/19/2008: Rams 34, Cowboys 14
- 09/30/2007: Cowboys 35, Rams 7
- 01/01/2006: Rams 20, Cowboys 10