Eagles vs Giants
After splitting the season series in 2021, both the Eagles and Giants go into 2022 looking much different.
The Eagles' biggest moves came on draft night, selecting a pair of pillars from Georgia's historically good defense in DT Jordan Davis and LB Nakobe Dean with their first and third round picks, respectively. In addition to their draft picks, they also worked out a trade with the Titans for star WR A.J. Brown, giving Jalen Hurts an established weapon on the offensive side of the ball.
The Giants' offseason was full of turnover, bringing in GM Joe Schoen and HC Brian Daboll from the Buffalo Bills to lead the front office. In the draft, they selected Oregon LB Kayvan Thibodeaux with the No. 5 overall pick and Alabama OT Evan Neal with the No. 7 overall pick, giving the new front office two promising young players to begin building around for the next few seasons.
- Date: Sunday, December 11, 2022
- Kickoff: 1:00PM EST
- Location: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
- TV: FOX
- Date: TBD
- Kickoff: TBD
- Location: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA
- TV: TBD
- Week 14: Eagles 21, Giants 10
- Week 18: Eagles 17, Giants 3
Much of the Eagles' success will ride on the continued development of Jalen Hurts, but with A.J. Brown and a slew of upgrades on the defensive side of the ball, look of them to take another step forward this season after returning to the playoffs last year. The Giants may have a completely new look and lots of young talent, but Philadelphia is simply more established and should not have any problems securing two victories against them.
Eagles vs Giants History by the Numbers
- The Eagles lead the all-time series 89-87-2
- The Eagles and Giants have met in the playoffs 4 times, with both teams winning 2 of those games
- Through all 178 of their matchups, the Giants have outscored the Eagles by a score of 3424-3423
- The Giants' longest winning streak against the Eagles is 9, from 1938-1942
- The Eagles' longest winning streak against the Giants is 12, from 1975-1981
Eagles vs Giants Recent Matchups
- 12/26/2021: Eagles 34, Giants 10
- 11/28/2021: Giants 13, Eagles 7
- 11/15/2020: Giants 27, Eagles 17
- 10/22/2020: Eagles 22, Giants 21
- 12/29/2019: Eagles 34, Giants 17