Michigan vs Ohio State, Prediction, Game Preview
Michigan versus Ohio State is one of college football's premier rivalry games each season. After not playing in 2020, the Wolverines snapped an 8-game losing streak against the Buckeyes that dated back to 2012 last season.
High expectations are being placed on both programs following spring ball, as many fans and experts are predicting the teams to be among the best in the country and legitimate contenders for the College Football Playoff.
Head Coach Ryan Day and the Buckeyes are tasked with finding replacements for Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson on the offensive side of the ball, with returning receiver Jaxon Smith-Njigba expected to take on an even bigger role than last season in order to do so. Defensively, new coordinator Jim Knowles looks to transform the group that finished ninth in Big Ten scoring and total defense.
Michigan faces a slightly steeper road back to the College Football Playoff largely in part to the departure of Aidan Hutchinson, as well as the departure of defensive coordinator Mike Macdonald and offensive coordinator Josh Gattis. The offense will be the team's strong suit, as 8 starters from last season's team return including Blake Corum and quarterbacks Cade McNamara and J.J. McCarthy, who will likely battle for the starting job come the start of the season.
2022 Game Info
Date: November 26, 2022
Time: 12:00PM ET
Location: Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH
Ohio State 27, Michigan 17
Ohio State has not lost a home game to Michigan since 2000 and all signs point towards that streak continuing in 2022. Both teams have loads of talent, but the pure depth of Ohio State, along with the motivation of losing the big game last season, should be just enough to get the job done this time around.
Early Betting Odds
FanDuel Sportsbook lists Ohio State as the early heavy favorite.
- Michigan +13.5 (-110)
- Ohio State -13.5 (-110)
Michigan vs Ohio State History by the Numbers
- Michigan leads the all-time series between the programs 59-51-6
- Ohio State's largest margin of victory was 38-0, Michigan's was a remarkable 86-0 in 1902
- Michigan's longest ever win streak in the series was 9 games to Ohio State's 8
- The first matchup between the two schools took place in 1897 in Ann Arbor, a game the Wolverines won by a score of 34-0
- Ohio State is the all-time college football leader in win percentage (.731), while Michigan ranks fourth (.729)
Recent Matchups between Michigan vs Ohio State
- 11/27/2021: Michigan 42, Ohio State 27
- 11/30/2019: Ohio State 56, Michigan 27
- 11/24/2018: Ohio State 62, Michigan 39
- 11/25/2017: Ohio State 31, Michigan 20
- 11/26/2016: Ohio State 30, Michigan 27
- 11/28/2015: Ohio State 42, Michigan 13
- 11/29/2014: Ohio State 42, Michigan 28
- 11/30/2013: Ohio State 42, Michigan 41
- 11/24/2012: Ohio State 26, Michigan 21
- 11/26/2011: Michigan 40, Ohio State 34