Cowboys vs Bucs
Following a thrilling Week 1 Thursday Night Football in 2021 that saw the Buccaneers escape with a 31-29 victory, , the Dallas Cowboys open up their season against Tampa Bay for the second straight year, this time on Sunday Night Football.
As the two teams prepare for their rematch, several critical pieces are missing: The Cowboys failed to resign both WR Amari Cooper and DE Randy Gregory in the offseason, taking away an immediate game changer on each side of the ball; on the Buccaneers side, there is still uncertainty about Rob Gronkowski's future and a timetable for Chris Godwin's injury after he suffered a torn ACL in December.
One player whose status is known for the game is Tom Brady, as the Hall of Fame quarterback announced he will return for his 23rd NFL season after briefly retiring early in the offseason. Brady and the Buccaneers will be lead by first year head coach Todd Bowles, as former head coach Bruce Arians opted for a front office role with the team.
- Date: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Time: 8:20PM ET
- Location: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
- TV: NBC
- Prediction: Buccaneers 30, Cowboys 21
Tom Brady has not only played well against the Cowboys historically, he has dominated; over his career, the Hall of Famer is a perfect 6-0 against Dallas. The toughest thing for the Buccaneers in this game will be the environment on the road, but if they are able to stick to their game plan and contain Ceedee Lamb, they should have no problem winning this one by a score or more.
Early Betting Odds
Fanduel Sportsbook's early odds have the Buccaneers slightly favored on the road.
- Buccaneers -2.5 (-110)
- Cowboys +2.5 (-110)
Cowboys vs Buccaneers History by the Numbers
- The Cowboys and Buccaneers have played against each other a total of 20 times throughout their history
- The Cowboys lead the all-time series by a score of 15-5
- The Cowboys are 2-0 against the Buccaneers in the playoffs
- The Cowboys longest winning streak against the Bucs was 8, spanning from 1977-1990
- The Buccaneers longest winning streak was 3, spanning from 2000-2003
- Tom Brady is a perfect 6-0 against the Cowboys in his career
Cowboys vs Buccaneers Recent Matchups
- 09/09/2021: Buccaneers 31, Cowboys 29
- 12/23/2018: Cowboys 27, Buccaneers 20
- 12/18/2016: Cowboys 26, Buccaneers 20
- 11/15/2015: Buccaneers 10, Cowboys 6
- 09/23/2012: Cowboys 16, Buccaneers 10